and i thought i wouldn’t have anything to write about once i got done with all my France posts. ha! thanks to the lovely K. Leighann over at My Road to Motherhood, i’m psyched to have some fodder for a couple posts and of course am competely flattered to have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog award. thanks, girl! y’all should definitely go check out her blog — she totally makes me laugh out loud, sharing the unfiltered stories about what goes on in her little part of the world every day. when your heroine openly calls her fiancé Butthead, you know it’s gonna be some good reading!
now, as for the award, rules/instructions are:
thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post. (check!)
share 7 possibly unknown things about yourself.
nominate up to fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
while i am super tempted to just repost this little set of factoids from Blogtober14, i will pull on my big girl panties and not be a total slacker. fine. let’s do this!
(photo: The Red List)
1. i go by my middle name (in most cases), but my first name is actually Emma. sounds perfectly Victorian, right? wrong. my mom named me after Emma Peel from The Avengers. meow. Diana Rigg, who played the original Ms. Peel also played the only girl James Bond ever married, Countess Tracy di Vicenzo, in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, which makes me feel like we are somehow connected even more since i was the only girl to ever tie down my own dear Spy.
2. my first job out of college was selling memberships at a video dating service. there’s definitely a period sitcom in that experience somewhere if i ever get around to writing it.
(photo: Betty Crocker)
3. the night before my PSATs (do the math, i must have been 16?), i went out with 2 of my girlfriends to the Chinese restaurant all our families always ordered from and drank my first-ever cocktail at a bar. no idea why we chose Sloe Gin Fizzes or how they possibly served us, but i think it was a pretty light pour and i still aced my exam the next day.
4. the first thing i remember ever wanting to be when i grew up was a fashion designer. i made lots of my own clothes and followed all the big designers religiously. i dreamed of going to Parsons and living in New York. i i am so glad that didn’t happen.
5. i buy lottery tickets regularly and actually believe i might win. Sagittarian optimism at its finest.
(photo: Madonna Madworld)
6. the first concert i ever went to was Madonna’s Virgin Tour. i totally wanted this jacket, and i pretty much totally wanted to be Madonna at this point in my life.
7. the 3 places i totally refuse to go unless it’s an absolute emergency are 1) the mall 2) Chuck E. Cheese’s and 3) Texas.
okay, strong start but i am going to lame out on the nominations. 15 is a lot and i have another couple nominations backed up that i plan on getting to over the next week. so for now, i’d like to nominate all the lovely blogs that are a part of the Atlanta Blogger Network. so much good stuff — go check them out!